Thursday, April 2, 2009

Luck by Chance, Perfomance & Position.!!

I know its been a long time since I have posted anything here. Most of my time has been eaten up in my office work or other personal issues. 7 months into work, it makes you aware that college is way more fun than your stereo typical office. To the people who follow my blog, I have not abandoned the world of blogging, but taken to the world of micro blogging of late. This my Twitter profile http://twitter.com/gkmaestro for you to follow. Now two things which I passed through recently which I feel are fact of corporate life. Lets start with two stories which recently came across

Luck matters ;-)


With a pile of 300 resumes on his desk and a need to pick someone quickly, my boss told me to make calls on the bottom 50 and toss the rest. "Throw away 250 resumes?" I asked, shocked.
"What if the best candidates are in there?"


"You have a point," he said. "But then again, I don't need people with bad luck here."


- Becky Horowitz(Reader's digest)


Performance & Position ;-)


A Priest dies & is awaiting his turn in line at the Heaven's Gates.
Ahead of him is a guy, fashionably dressed, in dark sun glasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket & jeans.
God asks him: Please tell me who are you, so that I may know whether to admit you into the kingdom of Heaven or not?
The guy replies: I am Kumar, Auto driver from Chennai!
God consults his ledger, smiles & says to Kumar: Please take this silken robe & gold scarf & enter the Kingdom of Heaven ...
Now it is the priest's turn. He stands erect and speaks out in a booming voice: I am Pope's Assistant so & so, Head Priest of the so & so Church for the last 40 years.
God consults his ledger & says to the Priest: Please take this cotton robe & enter the Kingdom of Heaven ....
'Just a minute,' says the agonized Priest. 'How is it that a foul mouthed, rash driving Auto Driver is given a Silken robe & a Golden scarf and me, a Priest, who's spent his whole life preaching your Name & goodness has to make do with a Cotton robe?'
'Results my friend, results,' shrugs God.
'While you preached, people SLEPT; but when he drove his Auto, people PRAYED' It's PERFORMANCE & not POSITION that ultimately counts.

Hope you had a good laugh.!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger