Monday, September 1, 2008

MC 'E' Xperience

At last, I have found some quality time for my blog, which had been deserted by me for the most part of august. It has been an exciting first month where I had been living on my own; to fend for myself, wash my clothes for the first time (it rained the whole day, when I did that, leaving me scratching my head to find a place to hang the wet clothes). The first week of august was pretty much a boring affair (and probably it will hold the record for the longest duration for which I listened to presentations). To start things of, it was on the last weekday, where I had met my team mates; it was just three of us in our team. I could never understand why they put me in this team; rather it was the case with most people, who were curious to figure out the basis why they had been allocated into their respective teams. A thorough out and out Java guy like me was put into Perl and UNIX domain. Well, I am prepared to make the most of what I have. Coming back to the point, the second week was a tantalizing affair with soft skills which by the way was at our office. Liberal dress codes and flexible timings are one among many advantages when you’re working with US Company.


To narrate a funny incident that happened during that time, we were doing an activity. Each of us gets a turn to throw a ball; we need to throw the ball to the person of our choice in the room, by telling their name, complementing them. Unfortunately, I wasn’t alert enough so I ended up missing the ball. As you might have guessed, a punishment followed, I was given a dare. It was 1) I should salute the smartest in the room (I certainly didn’t, salute myself to complete this dare) 2) To kneel before the most beautiful girl in the room. The second dare was the problematic one, personally I wished I was better of standing in the middle of Antarctica rather than in the conference room with all the people (especially girls) staring at me. But again I know from personal experience how women take comments on their beauty, (it’s always better to say to a women that she looks good, complement and butter her, even if she begs you to say the truth and ask you not to flatter her). Those ten seconds, when people were staring at me seemed like ages. Then to my surprise, the guy changed the dare to kneel before the girl whom I wanted ask out for a coffee. Better option I thought to myself, I ain’t a saint, but to be frank the girl whom I would have actually chosen on this dare (whose name flashed across my mind) was in some other conference room (Unlucky me). Well given the choices, since I hardly knew the girls I hard to go by the looks (basic instinct of any guy to judge a girl based on her looks). But again, I didn’t go by the looks alone (if it had been looks alone I would have certainly not chosen the person whom in the end I chose). I felt more comfortable with people from my own state than other states. Probably that’s what tilted the favor toward one girl over the other, inspite of the looks of the other girl. Then it got over and thank god for the fact the girl said we can have a coffee before even I uttered a single word after I kneeled down. It saved me from the trouble of popping up the question. The whole week was like full of fun filled activities like the above. But again I never like this sought of games where you’re cajoled into mingling with people. I am very choosy when it comes interacting with people. The last time something like this happened “the Virtual Volley Ball”, it turned out to be a dampener for me.

Now the third week, it was at last time for good old techie stuff, which I thoroughly enjoy. Our team count was now at four along with me; Fantastic 4 I hope (one girl and three guys, though we may not have had a Jessica Alba in our team like in the movie, but I certainly had a entertaining and chirpy teammates, which I was quite happy for) two of the guys from Tamil Nadu (one of the guys was like my close buddy’s friend which made things a lot easier) and one Bangalorewali girl. The week ended with me coming down with a fever and cold. Tough times like this always makes you want to be at your home. Well the important thing was I alive and kicking on Monday, when I had to get back to work.

The fourth week, we started our work in MCE’s Antarctica i.e, the R & D lab cause it was so cold there, 17◦C to be precise. We had to do some auditing work. Lack of pens meant working in pairs of two. I had to shout for 3 hours with all the server noise to get the auditing done along with my teammate. But again knowing my handwriting which is worse than a doctor’s medical prescription, I thought it was better to let her to do the writing work. We did good job of it I guess, at least that’s what the lab guy said to me the next day (first complement on your work, not a bad job I thought). It was more techie stuff through out the week. The last working day of the week, we had some programming stuff. I should probably emanate some kind of tech geeky look when I start programming, because one of teammates asked are you the topper of your class, seeing me work on my lap. I could only laugh, inside my head when the question was asked by her (with the sort of my handwriting and presentation) unless one reads and understands my answer my marks usually never crosses 80’s. To finish it off, there is still the Lounge chit chat (college version of parking lot Chat); a group of us do that at the end of the work day. Of course, half the time the topic of discussion is teasing each other (Ottal’s to be more specific, it’s the same with the guys from TN whether they are in Chennai, Bangalore or the US). Our antics get to such a level, once even the security guard at the reception had asked us, to get out of the office seeing our tantrums atthe lounge. Let’s see how my work goes in the future.

4 comments:

MW-SK said...

lmao :p...i hope ur date went well kt :p
y wud u not have picked her though? :p :-?

Ganesh Karthick said...

I seriously observe a lot of stuff.. before choosing.... I am no hurry to get committed..!!!!!!! [:p]

MW-SK said...

yeah sure watever :p
atleast u found a bangalore gal ud like to take to coffee :D

Ganesh Karthick said...

well, may be yes....!!!!!!!!!! [:p]

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger